Solvita® Digital Soil & Compost Testing
Now compost users and producers can have what they deserve
The Solvita® Compost Maturity Test Kit is an important analytical tool which:
- Enables users and producers of compost and recycled residues to conduct their own tests.
- Permits rapid and efficient monitoring of decomposition progress and determination of compost use readiness.
- Provides quality results in just 4 hours at a fraction of the cost of laboratory fees.
A true scientific breakthrough, the Solvita Compost Maturity Test is simple to use, economical and reliable. This new product helps both users and producer reach new quality standards for a finished compost product.
After a decade of successful Solvita® applications, Woods End is pleased to announce the "DCR" - Digital Colour Reader which vastly increases the reliability, precision and functionality of Solvita® Kits and helps reduce time-consuming and costly laboratory testing (See Chart 1 below)
Using white LED coupled to matrix-array optics the DCR reads Solvita® colour chemistry at unrivalled accuracy, speed and low cost. Using the USB lead you can then upload to your PC the actual numbers for each test sample.
Solvita® + DCR
The new DCR reads Solvita® Test paddles to +-0.01 readability and +-0.05 unit precisions.
In addition to displaying accurate colour numbers the Solvita® DCR can give compost emissions of CO2 in %, soil respiration as ppm CO2 per day and micrograms of volitised NH3-N.
New versatility is afforded by being able to use these measures to accurately estimate oxygen demand in composting (ref Chart 2), N-losses, and the expected release of seasonal soil-N.
Routine lab precision is obtained with Solvita® + DCR by weighing in samples, which enables calculating product stability with industry standard units, e.g. mg CO2-C/g/day.
Easy use - accurate, meaningful results
Solvita® + Digital Colour Reader:
- Makes it easy and very affordable for anybody to accurately evaluate compost. In the time of less than one day for sampling to end-result, you acquire important and very useful information about the status of your compost that you cannot get elsewhere.
- Adds a new and exciting dimension of precision and enhanced capability onto the solid and proven Solvita® base and completes with the accuracy of laboratory methods.
- Has been uniquely designed by compost scientists familiar with compost manufacturing and quality control needs.
- Puts highly relevant, lab-level quality in your hands in the field, when you need it.
New technology for measuring soil C and N mineralisation potential.
Solvita® - innovative rapid test for 24 hour CO2 burst.
- No extra lab equipment
- No wet chemicals
- Streamline tests
- High volume per day
- Reduce costs
- Field and lab use.
Soil studies have shown the utility of testing CO2 respiration as a means to gauge active soil carob and potential release of nitrogen. Recent research shows that the CO2 burst from short-term drying-rewetting accurately predicts N+P mineralisation, and is superior to current estimates of N-Min potential from soil organic matter.
The Solvita® procedure combines these findings with modern technology in reliable, simple to use process which can be preformed fairly rapidly at a significantly reduced cost compared to traditional lab respirometry.
Solvita® and Woods End are registered trademarks of Woods End Research Laboratory.